Wednesday, June 27, 2012

27 weeks

Hi there Blog followers! We are now entering out 3rd trimester! Gosh, seems like yesterday I thought the 1st trimester would NEVER end. The past two weeks have been better than the past 25 weeks . . . whew . . . with a few sprinkled days of nausea. Not bad, I'd say . . . considering the large amounts of nausea I was having. 

Monday I had my Glucose Test + an Ultrasound + reg. 28 week check-up. And all checked out fine!

I passed my Glucose Test with flying colors! YAY! My blood pressure was 'perfect'. And my weight was a little high from my last visit . . . Whoopsie! Although, my doc. assured me it was just the 'retaining fluids' from this time of the year . . . oh well. I knew it was coming w. the heat . . . only a matter of time. I have officially gained 17 lbs. and my feet feel every bit of the 17 lbs.

We had another Ultrasound because the tech. couldn't get all of Joanie Leigh's measurements on her heart during our 20 week checkup. This time, she got everything she needed for Joanie Leigh's heart . . . however, she wouldn't budge for us to get another profile shot. She didn't give us a great one for her 20 week ultrasound . . . so, we were really excited for the next one . . . but, she's as stubborn as her mama and daddy. GREAT. Another stubborn child! j. The tech. did say she had a head full of hair now :) I just hope she keeps it till delivery!

After the Glucose test and the ultrasound, I saw Dr. Holladay for my '28 week' (a week early) checkup. He listened to her heart . . . 153 bpm . . . and measured my tummy . . . right at 27 weeks. I have been having concerns about the amount of pressure I have been having . . . however, I was assured (yet again) that this is normal. He told me I had the 'Second Pregnancy Syndrome' . . . where I will have unbearable pressure and strong contractions. GREAT. Just what I want on top of my nausea. j.

So, now we wait . . . 13 more weeks till our due date! And we are so busy the next couple weeks . . . I know it will fly by!

We have her room half way ready. Matt finished painting her armoire baby pink this past weekend. Now we just need to move it into her room. I hung some of her wall decor last night . . . but there's still a bit more left to do! I have taken some progression pics . . . but will wait to post them till we get closer. Right now her room is still a mess!

Till next post! <3 to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment