Wednesday, February 8, 2012

sick. ugh.

I should be blogging about fun exciting things . . . let's face it, no one wants to read how sick I am . . . but I want to explain WHY I haven't downloaded my photos, much less, unpacked from the Mountain trip this weekend. Therefore, I can't blog about the Mountains . . . till maybe later today or tomorrow. smile.

This weekend, as you know, we went to the Mountains . . . the good ole' mountains of NC in Foscoe ? Close to Boone and Blowing Rock. Jess, Houston and I drove up Friday afternoon and returned Sunday afternoon. However, while we were there, I think my immune system had taken a toll. Houston didn't sleep well, AT ALL -- of course -- so, I had no sleep . . . and then we walked around all day Saturday -- lugging Houston and his bag-o-snacks / juice / diapers -- just in case of that ONE time he wanted something to drink / eat / poop. Needless to say, I was exhausted!! Not to mention, as we walked in and out of each store, I was getting hot and cold / hot and cold . . . sweaty inside, cold outside. I don't think the combo of back and forth temperatures did good for me.

On our ride home I was so nauseous and dizzy riding down the mountain roads as my head was filling w. pressure -- which NEVER happens to me on mountain roads -- we grew up going down these roads, I thought I would be able to handle it . . . However, I continued to drink my drink and chew my gum . . . hoping something would give me relief. Once we finally made it home, it was like it all went downhill . . . and fast. The next thing I knew, my nose was stuffy, I had a headache, I was coughing, my body was exhausted, I was getting cold chills, I was tired, my head felt it was going to explode, I didn't want to eat due to nausea from all the nasty drainage and snot! Yuck. Makes me gag thinking about it.

Monday, I called Mom and asked her what to do for relief, cause I knew my doc. wouldn't give me anything unless I had to have it . . . She said Netty Pot -- ugh. I was in desperate need to try ANY natural 'remedy' for relief. I tried steam shower. I tried a warm wash cloth over the face. I tried boiling water and pouring it down the sink while my face was over the steam. I was taking Tylenol. I was 'resting' all day. I called a friend who is a Chiropractor to come and see if he could relieve some pressure w. the pressure points in my face. I did the Netty Pot. NOTHING. Not a single sigh of relief.

Tuesday, I woke up and my chest was achy. I decided to call the doctor. They didn't get back to me for 2.5 hrs and all they said was . . . 'Since you don't have a fever, it seems it's just a nasty cold / flu like virus . . . fluids, Tylenol cold and sinus and wait it out.' UGH. Really? Come on! I have a two year old toddler pulling at my leg constantly . . . I need something than that.

So, my lovely parents came over and brought me a sick kit and took my kiddo for the afternoon / night. They said they would keep him till I am better! God, I love them! I feel bad to 'put' him off on someone else, but this girl can't even get up without getting dizzy and wanting to vomit. I tired yesterday after they picked him up to somewhat clean / pickup the house . . . and couldn't do it. I found myself over the sink, waiting for something to come out.

Right now my house is a disaster. I haven't picked up a single toy Houston has pulled out since Sunday and our bags are still in the floor from Sunday when we walked in. Matt is coaching JV soccer and has been gone till about 8ish most nights . . . so once he gets home, I am ready for bed. We've have had long days here lately . . . and all I can do is pray that this will pass, fast! I woke up feeling a little better today, but not near as much as I was hoping for. I can now breathe thru one nostril! Hoping for two for tomorrow . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Good article shared here. I really like it very much. I am highly obliged to be here by getting such good article.