Friday, October 5, 2012

2 weeks

Well, our lives have been quite busy lately . . . still adjusting to our new joy. Don't get me wrong, she's an awesome lil' baby! But juggling two + trying to work (yes, I had a shoot this past Sunday and a wedding this Saturday) + keeping up with the house + trying to keep everyone posted . . . it's hard!

I still need to blog about her debut, but till then, let me tell you about my baby girl . . . or 'Tubbs' as I call her! She has the BIGGEST and CUTEST chubby cheeks! Gah, I kiss them all the time :) 

Tubbs is quite the eater. I mean, QUITE the eater. I am breast feeding / pumping (yet again) and she's done well at keeping most feedings to every 2.5 to 3 hours. At first, she was every 4 . . . which scared me, because I know breast milk goes thru their systems faster than formula . . . but with every 4 hour spans, she was still gaining . . . so no need to change anything. Not to mention, she is letting Daddy and I sleep at night! So, now that we are on a 2.5 to 3 hour schedule during the day, she sometimes gives us a 5 hour span at night! Thank you baby girl! She's beginning to make up for my miserable pregnancy! Laugh.

She had her 2 week appointment today and she is now 9 lbs 7 oz. -- Tubbs gained a pound from her debut! And she is 20 3/4 inches long. Sigh. She's already making me sad by growing so fast!! Tear.

She has started to like sleeping on her belly. I seem to have tummy sleepers! Makes me nervous with all the 'studies' about SIDS . . . but, they love their tummies! And hey, I slept that way . . . and I'm fine (or so I think, j).  She has also started to lift her head a little. She thinks she such a big girl! AND she is starting to pay more attention to us . . . she will stare at us longer :) Makes us smile!

OH, and Houston loves her! He says 'Mornin' Joanie' when he gets up and 'Mama, baby okay?' for when she cries . . . which isn't too often. He likes to hold her hand and help carry her carseat to the car. Oh, my buddy. He even shares his cars with her! He lets her look at them . . . and maybe hold on. That's it. haha.

Here are a few images. I have more but need to download! Another on my 'to do' list that keeps getting longer! 

She rarely cries . . . and it's usually because she's hungry :)

They just can't get enough of each other :)

I think we have another belly sleeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment