Wednesday, September 5, 2012

2 yr preschool

Today, Houston started his first day of 2 year old Preschool. The past two years he has been in MMO (Mother's Morning Out) and never really been a fan. Of course the teachers loved him and said he played fine . . . but getting him there was always a challenge. Houston isn't one to wake up and go . . . he's like his daddy and needs time to get a grasp on the day. Which is fine . . . but come one dude!

So this morning was a rough start. He didn't wake up till 8:15 (which he normally wakes up at 7:30 or 7:45) and we needed to leave at 8:35 . . . try getting this child up / fed / dressed / in the car in 30 minutes . . . was challenging. There was LOTS of 'smooth' talking about school and how much fun he would have and how we needed to get going so we could play . . . he was SO excited. WAS. Till we got to school and I walked him in . . . and 4 of the 9 kids were crying for their parents. GREAT. Way to be late me. Now I have scared child who looks at me and says, 'Mama, stay.' because he didn't know what to do with all the other criers. haha. Poor thing.

Of course I had to make a run for the door when he got to playing . . . but he noticed and looked at me with the saddest face!! And then my hormones got the best of me . . . I started to cry too. DANG IT. I would always do fine at MMO . . . mostly laugh as I walked out. I know, I know. Great mom I am! j. But, at least I never cried! This time, I got into the truck and had to get a tissue. Seriously!

Other than our dramatic cry moment . . . Houston was excited. He picked out his shirt and shoes. He smiled the whole way to school. Talked about how Wes goes there too. Told me that I was going to pick him up. Said he wanted to play on the play ground. PROMISED he wouldn't teetee in his diaper so we could wear big boy undies the next day. Fingers crossed on that one! He probably peed his pants once he walked in with all the other criers. j.

Take a look at his first day of 2 year old preschool :) I didn't take an 'professional' pictures . . . I just snapped a few on my phone. I mean, it's not 'real' school is it? Gosh, I'm awful!

Houston walking to the truck with his book bag on  //  him standing on our front porch ready for school  //  Houston and I before he walked into his room with his name tag on (he didn't want to take his picture alone)

No comments:

Post a Comment