Thursday, December 17, 2009

36.5 week Swelling

Yep. I have turned into Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Wednesday, December 16
This weekend my legs have been a lil' puffy, which I figured was normal... Just the regular 'pregnancy swelling'.  BUT, Yesterday morning I woke up with my hands and eyes swollen - my hands would barely shut and my eyes look like I had cried for two days... something didnt seem right to me. However, I pushed through the day and went to work anyways. I usually feel bad for complaining if I'm tired on 'the job' because all I do is sit... how does that make you tired? Honestly... And I had meetings all day... so its not like I was 'pushing' myself that far. By the time I got to work I had been up and moving for 2 hours, so the swelling was not that bad... And I put on eye makeup to distract from the puffy lids...  As the day went on, the swelling went down a little but my legs were so big and tight... sigh. 

After all my meetings, I decided to read some online - yea yea - about how to reduce swelling in hands and eyes during pregnancy... instead, it said to contact your physician if swelling in the eyes and hands were to occur. Sigh. Great... now I am going to be the pregnant women who calls everytime I read something 'bad' online... ugh. So I called and they told me to come in to check my blood pressure.

Blood pressure: 122/80 -- Fine.
Weight:  164 lb -- YIKES! 7lbs of fluids in two days!
Pee sample:  Got blood in it... off to 'culture'

Doc says its nothing to 'worry' about right now. Says the blood isnt usually something we worry about b.c some pregnant women have it in their urine the entire pregnancy -- but I havent had signs of it till now... we will wait and see what the culture comes back as....  Says its quite a bit of fluids and if it doesnt go down by Friday to come back in... Also to make sure I dont have any headaches or blurry vision... BUT, in the mean time, he is hoping its just something I ate... Now its watching sodium, drinking lots of water and and hoping the swelling goes down.

I came home from the doctor exhausted, hands and legs were tingling and my legs were the biggest I have ever seen.

Thursday, December 17
After resting that evening and a good nights sleep, the swelling hadnt gone down... still puffy. My eyes and face were a lil' larger than yesterday - my hands were still puffy and hard to close...

I've rested all morning and now my fingers dont tingle and the swelling has gone down a good bit in my hands. I'm constantly weighing myself to see if I am 'shedding any lbs' -- but nothing. Still same weight. My face is really puffy today, eyes more so...

BUT, I am glad I went to the doctor -- now they are aware of my swelling and hope and pray its nothing! Just some bad food w. a mix of pregnancy swelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment